Branding...A Funny Story...

Anything and everything should be discussed here. News and happenings going on in the world of online marketing!

Moderator: Richard Taylor

JonOlson

Branding...A Funny Story...

Post by JonOlson » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm going to be writing a blog post in the next few days talking about branding and how important it is...

A story from a few years ago really grabbed my attention.

Microsoft paid the NFL about $400 million dollars to be the 'official tablet of the NFL'

It's opening night, the lights are bright and the 'Surface Pro by Microsoft' is plastered everywhere a camera is pointed.

Al Micheals then does the play by play and tells the millions watching how great the new 'iPads' are....

LOL I had to laugh

All that money and exposure and the brand that is remembered the most is the iPad, not the Microsoft tablet.

Makes you wonder right....Goal number one from our businesses should be to develop a strong and memorable brand in everything we do....Then it doesnt matter how much money our competition spends...The best brand wins!
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"

BenScott

Re: Branding...A Funny Story...

Post by BenScott » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:51 am

:lol: That's too funny. It's also a great teaching lesson. You happen to be a great example of this Jon. Somebody could be spending a million dollars on a TE course but most likely I would just go and read a post at hitexchangenews. Which of course is years of branding done on your part.

I made the mistake in the past of not putting my picture on my landing pages and not having a defined message, focus nor patience. Everything turned around for me and my credibility has grown when I kept my focus on marketing a topic that I'm mastering little by little. I recently even started creating videos which I send to my email list and it does wonders.

Does not take a lot of money to brand yourself but once you start branding yourself you can spend more money doing it after you earn credibility with your audience as they start seeing you as the expert of their topic of interest.

JonOlson

Re: Branding...A Funny Story...

Post by JonOlson » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 am

Appreciate the kind words sir.

Yeah I agree....It's amazing what a little bit of passion, time and effort can accomplish :)
"Saving Unicorns Daily!"